Driving can be a real pain. Between traffic, construction, and trying to find a spot to park, it’s no wonder people would rather take public transportation or just stay home. The perfect alternative to staying home, is the welcoming and homely feeling that Cadillac has instilled in their magnificent 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior. Not only is driving a pain, but it’s also expensive. You have to pay for parking, gas, and sometimes even tolls.
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade interior is packed with features that make driving easier, less stressful and is curated in a way to make every dollar spent for your journey worth it. Not to mention, the car also has an industry-leading autopilot function that takes care of the steering for you. Plus, the cabin is extremely luxurious and comfortable with plenty of space for both you and your passengers.
The Cadillac Escalade is the premier SUV produced by General Motors. It provides industry-leading technology controlled via a 38-inch OLED curved screen, high-quality seat coverings, a supercruise function that enables hands-free driving, 36 speakers delivering studio-quality surround sound.
There is nothing about the 2021 Cadillac Escalade interior which can be described as subtle. The cabin provides an immersive experience of comfort and capability. The hidden microphones allow the driver to talk to the passengers, and the electronic messaging system enables the rear passenger to “suggest” a destination to the navigation system. The myriad of other features makes this car a unique market leader.
Jump ahead to..
- 1 The History Of The Cadillac Escalade
- 2 What Is The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior Like?
- 2.1 The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior Built For Its Occupants
- 2.2 The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior Centerpiece – OLED Technology
- 2.3 Augmented Reality Navigation System
- 2.4 HD Surround Vision
- 2.5 Amazons Alexa Has Been Invited On Board
- 2.6 Supercruise Autopilot Drives The Car
- 3 How Much Can You Carry In The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior?
- 4 Our Verdict On The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior
The History Of The Cadillac Escalade
The Cadillac Escalade was launched in 1998 to defend against threats presented by the Lexus LX, Mercedes Benz G-Class, Infiniti QX80, Range Rover, and Ford’s Lincoln Navigator.
Although the first four Cadillac Escalade generations were very similar to the Chevrolet Tahoe, it has evolved into Cadillacs prestige SUV over intervening years.
The Escalade is sold in the North American, European, and Asian markets.
The Cadillac Escalade has been a success for Cadillac, and it has become the leader in this market segment. In 2021 it accounted for 40% of sales compared to the Lincoln Navigator, Infiniti QX80, Mercedes Benz GLS-CLASS, and the Lexus LX.
The 2021 shortage of computer chips in the motor industry has reduced the number of vehicles that manufacturers have been able to produce.
Despite the shortages, the Cadillac Escalade experienced a 120% growth in sales in the second quarter of 2021.
What Is The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior Like?
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade is available in standard and ESV versions. The ESV spec Escalade is 15 inches longer than the standard model. Each vehicle has seven seats; however, the cargo capacity is more significant in the ESV.
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade interior dimensions fit comfortably in the middle of its competitors.
|Dimension||Cadillac Escalade||Cadillac Escalade ESV||Lincoln Navigator||Infiniti QX80||Lexus LX|
|Length||211.9 in||226.9 in||221.9 in||210.2 in||200.6 in|
|Width||81.1 in||81.1 in||79.9 in||79.9 in||78.3 in|
|Height||76.7 in||76.4 in||76.1 in||75.8 in||74.6 in|
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior Built For Its Occupants
The opulent and well-finished interior achieves quite a few things for the occupants as per the top 9 things that stood out for us which we’ve listed below:
- It easily impresses.
- Both front seats are heated and can be electrically adjusted across 12 axes.
- The seats are clad in a durable custom-woven fabric.
- Both the driver and front-passenger seats have power lumbar control.
- The instrument panel and infotainments system are incorporated into a 38-inch curved OLED screen.
- The interior has Ambient Interior Lighting with eight color options.
- A panoramic power sunroof lightens up the whole cabin.
- The rear-seat entertainment system includes two 12.6-inch-diagonal displays with navigation and the ability to stream movies. The rear passenger can play games, music, and videos through HDMI and USB inputs.
- The rear screens mirror Android smartphones. They include a feature where destination “suggestions” can be forwarded to the front navigation screen for the driver to accept or decline.
The 2022 Cadillac has become a technology leader. The latest model is a veritable technological center.
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior Centerpiece – OLED Technology
The digital displays in the Escalade use the same technology as OLED televisions screens. The system consists of three thin screens that combine seamlessly to appear as one curved screen.
- 7.2-inch driver information screen on the control panel.
- The 14.2-inch diagonal screen behind the steering wheel.
- 16.9-inch diagonal infotainment screen.
There is a choice of three controls to adjust the system. These are.
- The center display has a touch screen control.
- A rotary controller is installed on the center console.
- The steering wheel controls.
The navigation system is a motor industry first. A streamed view of the road in front of the vehicle is projected onto the central display.
The system provides audible instructions. Instructions to turn right are projected out of the right-hand speaker, and the left turns out of the left speaker.
Turn signals and other directional information are superimposed over the screen’s road view. As the turn approaches, the volume of the instruction increases.
Embedded Microphones For Improved Internal Communication
The system includes technology to ease conversations between the vehicle occupants.
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade interior has 36 speakers strategically positioned around the cabin.
A built-in microphone captures the driver’s voice and broadcasts this into the seating row of the person being spoken to while blending with the audio system.
The road or ambient cabin noise does not interfere with conversations, and the occupants don’t need to shout.
HD Surround Vision
The system works with four cameras positioned outside the vehicle.
Each camera view is combined into the center screen and constructs an overhead image of the area around your vehicle. It is essentially a reverse camera on steroids.
Amazons Alexa Has Been Invited On Board
Alexa is integrated into the infotainment system and allows occupants to ask Alexa to stream music, get directions, make calls, change the radio stations, etc.
Supercruise Autopilot Drives The Car
Supercruise has several features which make driving painless.
- Hands-Free Driving
- Automatic Lane Change
- Lane Change On Demand
There are five levels of automation that motor manufacturers are developing. Most current vehicles either have no automation or basic driver assistance level 1 automation.
- Level 0 _ No Automation.
- Level 1 _ Driver Assistance (the driver can delegate either steering or braking).
- Level 2 _ Partial Automation (the system provides more automation.
- Level 3 _ Conditional Automation (The system controls the car on defined routes).
- Level 4 _ High Automation (The driver can transfer complete control to the system).
- Level 5 _ Full Automation.
Level 3 automation is installed in the Cadillac Escalade.
The system allows hands-free driving on compatible roads. The driver needs to concentrate and take retake control if necessary.
Automatic Lane Change
With the Supercruise set, the car will change lanes automatically into an adjoining lane if the system deems it optimal.
The system activates the turn signal automatically, checks that the road is clear, and executes the lane change without asking for verification from the driver.
Manual Automatic Lane Change
The driver can instruct the Super Cruise to execute a lane change. The system follows the same process as the automatic lane change when initiated.
How Much Can You Carry In The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior?
The Cadillac Escalade models have vast amounts of storage space, including many nooks and crannies for the occupants to store their nick-nacks.
The serious cargo-carrying capability is found behind the rear hatch.
The storage capacities of each model are:
|Cadillac Escalade standard model||Cadillac Escalade ESV model|
|120 cu.-ft.||142.8 cu.-ft|
It is a truck-like capability.
Our Verdict On The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Interior
The 2021 Cadillac Escalade interior has raised the stakes and created a whole new level of luxury. The cabin surrounds the occupants with several layers of luxury. The many driver’s assist features and industry-leading autopilot functions significantly eased the driver’s job.
Many vehicles cost substantially more than the Cadillac Escalade and do not have the same number of comforts, features, and technology fitted into this car. If you consider a powerful, luxurious vehicle, keep the Cadillac Escalade in mind.